Saturday, September 1, 2012

So much to think about

This year is definitely going to be full of learning adventures for me as a first year Kindergarten teacher.... I really hope the worrying/stress levels that I've been feeling will go away. I don't sleep at night because I lay in bed thinking of things I didn't get done before I left work OR things I want to make sure I do with students- especially really reward those students that are ready to learn. Did I talk to every child each day? Do they all know how important they are to our class? Not only do I worry about these kinds of things- but what will I do in reading groups? Do I have the right students grouped together? What if I don't challenge them to do better? Am I moving to fast with routines??

THEN I see a note from a parent about what a great job I've been doing because her daughter has already learned so much in Kindergarten- that was the BEST thing to hear because as you can see I was questioning if I'm in the right place and doing the right things..... I know it's early in the year but I want to be the best teacher that I can be- and unfortunately since this is my first year I won't feel like I'm a very good teacher because I truly feel I have no idea what I'm doing.....

No comments:

Post a Comment